British Onion and Potato Tortillas - a quick and easy mid-week meal
This is an ideal mid-week meal. It’s an idea dish to use leftovers so you could add bacon, peas or cheese.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- 2 British brown onions cut onto 12 wedges
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 300g new potatoes, cooked and sliced
- 5 eggs
- 2 tbsp parsley
- Sea salt and ground black pepper
1. Heat the oil in a 20cm frying pan and add the onions. Cook the onions for 6-7 minutes or until the onions are soft and lightly brown.
2. Add the potatoes and toss with the onions. Cook for a further 5-7 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally to make sure nothing sticks to the bottom.
3. Break the eggs into a small bowl and beat lightly with a fork. Add the parsley and season. Gently pour the eggs over the onion and potato mixture, shaking the pan so the egg mixture runs into all the gaps.
4. Return to a low heat and cook gently for about 20 minutes or until the eggs are jut set.
5. Place the tortilla under a preheated grill and cook for a few minutes further or until theeggs are completely set and the top is lightly brown.
6. Serve with a salad or as part of a packed lunch or picnic.
There are no comments for this article.
Add a Comment
Please log in to post a comment.