Ginger Snaps Recipe
Makes about 20 cookies
- Kerrygold butter, for greasing
- 225g (8oz) self-raising flour
- 2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 125g (4 ½ oz) Kerrygold butter, cubed
- 100g (3 ½ oz) caster sugar, plus 1 tbsp extra for sprinkling
- 100g (3 ½ oz) honey
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/fan oven 160ºC/Gas mark 4.
- Grease two large baking trays with Kerrygold butter.
- In a large bowl, sift the flour, soda, salt and spices and mix well.
- Rub the Kerrygold butter into the flour mix to resemble breadcrumbs. Stir in the caster sugar.
- Heat the honey in a small saucepan gently, making sure it doesn’t get too hot, then pour into the flour mix and bring together to form the dough.
- Flour your hands and roll the mixture into 20 small balls.
- Place on the greased baking trays, 5cm (2in) apart. Flatten down with a fork and sprinkle with the remaining caster sugar. Bake for 10 – 12 minutes until they are medium brown. If the cookies are too dark, they will taste bitter.
- Leave on the tray for 2 minutes before carefully transferring to a wire rack to cool.
Rachel Allen has teamed up with Kerrygold to produce The Kerrygold Community Recip-e-book, available now for free download. For more information on Kerrygold, the Recip-e-book and some delicious recipes visit www.facebook.com/KerrygoldUK
Add a Comment
Please log in to post a comment.